Saturday, April 21, 2012

How to factory reset your Motorola Fire XT 531 phone

Save your personal data to a computer before you need to factory reset your phone!!!!

I do not like it happening to me. My motorola phone ran out of memory (not the SD card) and when I turned it off and turned it on again, the red Motorola logo stayed for a long long time! But then again, I have something to write here! (oh well). The first thing you should try if your phone is under warranty is to revisit the store you bought your phone. Then let them worry for you. Failing that, or you are in a faraway place, you can try the following steps only as a last resort. Here are the steps to factory reset your phone:

  1. open the back case and remove the battery then place it back again. (the purpose is to break the power supply from battery to phone).
  2. Press Power and camera shutter buttons together until you get the Exclamation point with Android logo.
  3. Tap the Home symbol.(The second choice in the [Apps Home Back Search] at the bottom of the phone. You will see the following selections displayed:
    reboot system now.
    apply update from sd card
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    Download nbO from sdcard.
    
  4. Press volume control button to select wipe cache partition. Press the power key momentarily.
  5. Press volume control button to select wipe data/factory reset. Press the power key momemtarily. Thge following will be shown in yellow color:
    Formatting /data...
    Formatting /cache...
    Data wipe complete.
    reset rtc.
    
    Hopefully the above steps will allow you to use your phone back soon! (Your data will be lost however).
  6. Select reboot system now. Then press the Power key momentarily. You should get the Welcome to XT531 Touch the android to begin welcome screen.
We emphasize, if you have continuing problems, contact your seller and/or Motorola service center immediately. Now I have to reenter my user data!

19 comments:

  1. I Press Power and camera shutter buttons together .. but nothing happens , it opens as usual ... do i have to change any sitting to go to this window ??
    thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you do step 1? open the back remove and put back the battery?
    When yuo press power and camera shutter buttons together, you have to keep them depressed until the reset (exclamation point) graphic appears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya i did .. and i kept pressing the two buttons until i reached the wallpaper of my phone as usual ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's unusual, I suspect that you did not perform step 1, but if you did, you have to ask from other forums.

      Please browse motorola.com hives

      Delete
    2. the reason why some people dont go into recovery mode is that motorola changed the button combination in some models press volume up and down while pressing power button to enter recovery mode

      Delete
  4. i wanna about this hack :
    http://www.bongizmo.com/blog/moving-all-android-apps-to-sdcard-apps2sd-froyo/

    it's used to move all apps to sd , even if that's restricted .. and without rooting the mobile ...... you think i should try that on my fire xt ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a good idea, but I have Best Apps installed already. Its My Apps have the option of storing the applications installed to the SD, individually. If you have more than a hundred apps, then your hack will come handy.

      Delete
    2. facebook , what's app , and many apps and games leave some data on the internal memory ...

      Delete
    3. Suggest you install BestAps first. Then let MyApps manage the transfer (move2SD). I have not installed permanently Facebook in my phone yet. I prefer to do it in a browser. Nokia Ovi facebook app has issues in my C3, and I got errors, if I remember right, installing facebook in the XT531.

      Move2SD is a great feature of BestApps. My phone has 16Gbytes SDHC, still looking for 32Gbytes. If you want to enjoy the phone, have it dressed up with a large sdhc memory. It helps a lot!

      Delete
    4. i did it ,, it's awesome .. now i have alot of free internal memory
      i've moved face book apps , what's app and all apps that dont provide moving .... you should try that , it's very simple

      Delete
    5. Thank you Joe, I hope Moto wil lmake it easy for owners to increase the internal memory just like in laptops!

      Delete
  5. the reason why some people dont go into recovery mode is that motorola changed the button combination in some models press volume up and down while pressing power button to enter recovery mode

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have a problem with my motorola firext. the main camera isn't working. i haveno idea why isn't working. ernie can you help me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Friend..

    I can not boot into recovery mode.
    I tried all the button cominations. The only combination that works is camera + power button.
    A white screen comes up showing MBM Flash-mode. i have no idea what it is.
    Please suggest a method to perform the above steps.
    The key combinations given are not working..! ;(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pressed volume up and down while was pressing power button and it was fine.
    Oh, I have to thank you, I lost my passworld and the phone was locked. I searched for reset on google and just your tip worked. Thank you!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helo


    Ur Information is very usefull to me thank usooo much to give a great information i like ur activty i heart fully thank u brother

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! Everything worked fine for me (XT311).
    Cheers from Italy,
    Guido

    ReplyDelete